Problems filling form

I have a webform from Verizon Business that I need to fill in a dozen fields. I saved the form, but when I try to fill it in, only one field (wrong field) gets filled.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: drop box
Referrer: forum-search:Problems filling form

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@emch2: Can you give the URL where you're having trouble with this? Also be sure to let us know the browser version you're using so we can test it and try to improve 1Password.

However, while it isn't clear from your description, it sounds like you may be trying to use 1Password to automate some sort of non-login form filling. This is not something 1Password is designed to do. So while 1Password will dutifully do its best to fill whatever you save, it isn't intended for that use, and it will err on the side of username/password filling.

More generic form filling is something we can certainly consider adding in the future, but it's probably not something that could happen anytime soon. We're focused on making 1Password work with login forms because that's what 1Password is for and what most people do with it, and so far there is no end to those challenges so we're not done with that yet.

Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• emch2
    emch2
    Community Member

LInk is https://enterprisecenter.verizon.com/enterprisesolutions/default/ordering/letterOfDisconnects.do

Used
    Safari 10.0.1
    Firefox 49.0.2

I just tried it on Chrome 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit) and it worked, but so did autofill from Chrome :).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@emch2: Thanks for getting back to me! I tested this in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari using the latest 1Password betas (app and extension).

The good news is that, as best I can tell, 1Password was able to fill all of the fields I saved correctly. The bad news is that, again, this isn't something we design 1Password to do at all, so it may be that this stops working in the future if the site, 1Password, the extension, or the browser changes substantially.

You're free to use the beta if you wish, or you can wait for the next stable release. But when filling not-login information with 1Password, definitely double-check before submitting the form — especially in cases like this, where it appears that an error might be a problem. You can disable Autosubmit completely in 1Password Preferences > Browsers > "Automatically sign in ...", or for individual Login items by editing their details to set "Submit" to "Never". I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.