No option on 1Password 6 for Windows to sign on to 1Password Account!

amswitzer
amswitzer
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Attempting to come back to 1Password by installing 1Password 6 for Windows. When I follow the instructions to import my existing 1Password data, the support document indicates I should "Select “Sign in to your 1Password Account” on the welcome screen. If you’re using a proxy server, first select (Settings) and enter your proxy details.".

There is no such option shown on the 1Password 6 welcome screen. The only option I see is to enter my 1Password Master Password which doesn't work. See the screen capture - that's all I see. Can you assist?

1Password Version:Version 6.1.286
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@amswitzer: Ah, I see. Sorry for the confusion! This will happen if you'd previously used the app with another 1Password Account or local vault. So the Master Password required there will be whichever vault/account you had setup in the app initially when you first installed it.

If you don't remember the Master Password though (or you just want a "clean slate"), you can start over with the app by doing the following:

1. Quit 1Password completely using the notification area icon
    2. Open Windows File Explorer
    3. Put %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\ into the address bar and press Enter
    4. Drag the data folder to your desktop
    5. Open 1Password and sign into your account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks very much! Worked like a charm.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that you were able to start over in 1Password. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.