1Password 6 local vault support [coming in a future update]

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Windows 10..

Comments

• fortin81
    fortin81
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Hi @MikeT,

What is the current status on the full support of local/dropbox vaults? It made me really sad to try the Windows 10 app just to discover that there is such a limitation in it...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fortin81: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate (new) discussion rather than the other user's old post.

1Password 4 is a mature app which supports local vaults fully, so it's best to stick with that if you're using Dropbox. There's no need to use 1Password 6 right now. We'd rather make sure it's done well than risk anyone's important data. I don't have a release date for you, but full support for local vaults is under development, and it will be released in a future version. I'm sorry for any confusion that's caused!

• fortin81
    fortin81
    Community Member

Hi @brenty , thanks for your feedback. Is 1Password 4 fully compatible with the opvault format? I thought it was only added later?

• MikeT
    edited October 2016

Hi @fortin81,

Yes, 1Password 4 supports OPVault format completely but it is not fully optimized for it as you said, it was added later in the development.

1Password 6 for Windows can read OPVault data and it is optimized for it but this specific version doesn't have the code to write/modify the data in OPVault/AgileKeychain just yet, this is coming later.

• fortin81
    fortin81
    Community Member

Ok, thanks, I'll try 1Password 4 then and then get back to the 6 when ready!

• MikeT
    edited October 2016

You're welcome.

We do know how confusing this is and we're working on getting 1Password 6 to be the only Windows app for everyone as fast as we can.

This discussion has been closed.