Restoring iPhone 6

kwokster
kwokster
Community Member

I did have ipassword(free version) on my ip6 but had to factory reset the phone due repair work ,but carried out a backup using windows iTunes prior to sending it away. When I got it back I restored my phone but it didn't restore my ipassword data. I looked at apps in iTunes and cannot find any files in the iTunes app under ipassword. And since there's no backup on iCloud or Dropbox I presume data is lost? I tried using wlan restore and it says that I should open ipassword for windows??? but not really able to follow this as since it was never installed on my pc in the first place. Maybe I'm missing something but can you help?

Comments

• Hi @kwokster,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Unfortunately iTunes has not proven to be super reliable when it comes to backing up 1Password data, which is why we offer our own backup system:

1Password backups

That doesn't really help now, but I hope in the future you'll consider taking advantage of it.

With iTunes backups the strange thing we found was that sometimes when iTunes does back up the app data it doesn't restore it the first time you restore. A second restore is sometimes required. You could try that. But at this point that would be the only possibility of recovering your existing data.

For the future I'd highly recommend setting up sync, such that your data exists in more than one place:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

This discussion has been closed.