To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Confused with pricing options

rmackenz
rmackenz
Community Member

I downloaded the free apps for iPhone and iPad. They offered an upgrade for one time price of 13.99. Then I tried to download the app for my MacBook from the apple store and it is priced at $89. On the agile bits website another option is to pay 3.99 a month. This is all very confusing.
My ultimate objective is to have my passwords synced across all my devices via iCloud. These include several desktop macs as well as iPhone, iPad and MacBooks. Please advise what the most appropriate option for this is. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.45
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @rmackenz! Welcome to our forum. I'm sorry for the confusion about how to pay for 1Password. Let's sort that out. :)

The easiest way to pay and the best way to use 1Password is with a subscription, which is the $3.99 per month you mentioned (it's $2.99 if you pay annually). So far, you paid for the iOS app's Pro Features, and 1Password for Mac is a separate purchase if you're not using a subscription. With a subscription, you get all the 1Password apps and their pro features. You also get:

• Sync without the need of a third-party sync service. With a 1Password account, simply sign in and your passwords and other items are there automatically. No need to think about iCloud or anything like that.
    • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items. If a change was made to an item and it needs to be reverted, fret not. It can easily be rolled back from 1Password.com.
    • View, edit, and add items from a browser. You’ll always have access to your data on 1Password.com, even if you're away from the devices you typically use.
    • Brand new multi-factor security model for your hosted account. Since your data is in the cloud, we took some extra steps to make sure the security is even better than what the standalone version of 1Password has. An Account Key is generated during setup to strengthen your Master Password, and we still don't store either of them. Learn more about how 1Password protects your data in the cloud.
    • Sharing with your family. If you decide to share 1Password with your family, you can upgrade to 1Password Families and start doing that with just a few clicks. You can share passwords with each other easily and use the 1Password apps on all your devices with a family account.

If that sounds like what you're looking for, sign up for an account and your purchase info for the Pro Features you got on your iPhone to support@1password.com. We'll help you get started with the account using your existing data and move your purchase over as well if it was made this year. :)

• rmackenz
    rmackenz
    Community Member

So, just to be clear. I downloaded the free apps from iTunes and did not purchase the 'pro' upgrade. If I pay for the annual subscription, does that give me all the features of 1Password or do I need also to purchase the 'pro' upgrade from iTunes?

• So, just to be clear. I downloaded the free apps from iTunes and did not purchase the 'pro' upgrade. If I pay for the annual subscription, does that give me all the features of 1Password

It does, yes.

or do I need also to purchase the 'pro' upgrade from iTunes?

Absolutely not. If you subscribe as long as your subscription is active and you're logged into your account the Pro features will be unlocked.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.