So confused after upgrade from 1Password4 to 6

I have an individual Dropbox based license 1Password4. I signed up for the family account trial and got 1Password6 for Windows installed. But it appears Chrome isn't using it. It's still using the old version, I think.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:licensed to subscription, kb:undefined, kb-search:upgrade from 1password 4 to ipassword6

Comments

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

Yes, The about in the chrome extension shows 4.6.1.616

• Hi @MYancey! Sorry for the trouble. You'll need to remove the old version of 1Password so the browser extension uses the new one instead. Before you remove the old version, be sure to migrate your existing data to your family account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

The final step there is to uninstall 1Password 4. Once you've done that, you should be all set. Let us know how things go! :)

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

Okay. Progress has been made. I removed the old version of 1Password and after several iterations of installing, deleting, rebooting and reinstalling the chrome extension to get around helper not running issue, it is working for me. So I've gotten back to where I was with the old single user version. But, I can't make it work for my wife. I've invited her but when I log into her user on Windows on the same machine, I can't get around the helper not found issue. Several extension re-installs and reboots haven't resolved the issue.

• @MYancey Glad to hear it's working on your computer. :) Does your wife use antivirus? That can interfere with the connection 1Password makes with the helper. I'd recommend disabling the antivirus temporarily to see if it makes a difference.

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

Turned off all aspects of Norton 360. It didn't help. Still works under my user account, but not on hers. We're both using the same laptop just with our own user profiles.

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

More progress! I went into my console and noticed she was unconfirmed. Now confirmed. Then I went into her user and her console. Entered her key. Then I deleted and re-installed chrome extension in her chrome. Rebooted. And it works!

I have 2 new questions:
    (1) When I use the 1Password apps on my iPhone and iPad it is still bringing up my old single user version. I can tell because my new 1P password doesn't work and my old 1P password does work. How do I move my ios apps over to the new account?
    (2) I have some logins without URLs. I my old 1P I could edit and add a URL. But I can't find a way to do this in the 1P6. How do I fiix these?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MYancey: Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you were able to confirm her account and get things setup. Thanks for letting us know! :chuffed:

Regarding your iOS devices, you can reinstall the app and login to your 1Password Account to use it entirely without local vaults. However, before you do that, if you have data in your Primary (local) vault on either device which you haven't yet copied over to a vault in your 1Password Account, be sure to transfer it to your account first. I just want to make sure that you have everything there before deleting things.

As for adding URLs to logins, in 1Password 6 you can do this by clicking Edit and then entering the URL into the Website field:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Don't have a website field. [screenshot removed by moderator]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MYancey: Ahh, thank you so much for including the screenshot. I've removed it though, since it contains your email address and this is a public form. But that makes a couple important things clear:

1. Your login item really truly doesn't have a website field at all
    2. It was imported from somewhere else

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately the editor doesn't yet have the ability to add new fields to items, but that's something we'll be adding in a future update. In the mean time, if you create a new Login item, you can save the username, password, and URL there.

Can you tell me where the data you imported originated? Even if it's missing information, we definitely want to try to compensate for that if we can. Thanks!

ref: OPW6-643

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

Password Safe

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

That is Password Safe originally, but from 1Password4 recently.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MYancey: Thanks for getting back to me! Obviously we don't want you actual data, so I hope you don't mind if I bug you for some additional information. I guess the question I have now is, does the data show up properly in 1Password 4? Is there a URL displayed there? I'm guessing the answer is "no", but I want to be sure we're looking at the right thing here. Thanks!

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member

They weren't in 1Password4 either, although I was adding them as I encountered login's without URLs. 1Password4 allowed me to add URLs. These logins without URLs were originally imported from Password Safe which just stored the userid and password, but didn't pre-fill them in login webpages.

• Do you still have 1Password 4 installed and your old database available? You might be able to edit the item there, export the item as a .1pif and import it into 1Password 6.

Please let us know if this is a possibility and if you need detailed instructions.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.