[Request] Remember window size and position

miniskulljob
miniskulljob
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I know this is not very important, but it would be great. I don't want to resize the window every time I open 1Password, the default window size is too big.

1Password Version: 1Password 6.1.272d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@miniskulljob: I wouldn't say it's unimportant. It's a small feature that's easily taken for granted when present, but it can be maddening when it isn't. I'm sorry that we haven't this resolved for you yet, but we absolutely will. And the sooner the better, because I hate to think of the time resizing eats up in aggregate. Shouldn't be long. Thanks for the poke! ;)

ref: OPW6-159

• MikeT
    edited October 2016

Hi @miniskulljob,

This has been mostly implemented already in the latest beta update and we plan to ship it soon as the next stable update. The remaining ones will be fixed after such as retaining the item list's width and 1Password mini's Strong Password Generator's window location.

• miniskulljob
    miniskulljob
    Community Member

@MikeT @brenty thank you very much, now I'll love 1Password a lot more :p

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @miniskulljob, if you'd like to receive beta builds of 1Password 6, follow these directions.

• miniskulljob
    miniskulljob
    Community Member

I thought I was already in beta, but I wasn't... Thanks for the tip, @mohamedosman

Now I'm on beta 1Password 6.1.285d but it doesn't remember window size and position :'(

• MikeT
    edited October 2016

Hi @miniskulljob,

That's unusual considering our beta testers has already consistently confirmed it is working fine.

Can you tell us which window are you referring to and if you're using multiple monitors? What Windows version are you using?

• miniskulljob
    miniskulljob
    Community Member

@MikeT I'm resizing the main window. I have 2 monitors and I always use 1Password in the main monitor. My Windows version is 1607 (SO compilation 14393.351).

• Hi @miniskulljob,

Thanks, we haven't tested this on multiple-monitor setups yet, this does work consistently on the single monitor.

Just to be clear, what happens if you move the main 1Password window to the second monitor and close it by clicking on the 'x' button. Does reopening it still show up on the primary monitor only?

• Hi @miniskulljob,

I've been testing this for a while with two monitors and I'm not able to reproduce the issue just yet, so we might need more details as to what you're doing exactly. Can you give me the step by step, so I can try doing the same thing.

Thanks!

• miniskulljob
    miniskulljob
    Community Member

When I move the window to the second monitor, close and reopen, it has the default values.

I don't do anything special, this are the steps:

• I open the start menu and click on 1Password. It opens in my main monitor.
    • Enter my master password.
    • Resize the main window and center it in the main monitor.
    • I close it.
    • Click in the 1Password icon in the notification area and select "Open 1Password app."
    • Main window opens with default size and position.

I tried to close even the notification icon with the "Exit 1Password" option, but it didn't remember the size and position either.

• Hi @miniskulljob,

Just to be sure, can you open the main 1Password window, unlock and click on Settings on top right, does it still show 6.1.285d on the bottom of the Settings menu?

• miniskulljob
    miniskulljob
    Community Member

@MikeT yeah, that's the version I have installed and running. I did two screenshots:

• Hi @miniskulljob,

Hmm, I wonder why it is not working for you. Could you email us your 1Password log file, so we can see if there was an issue saving the window's locations.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• miniskulljob
    miniskulljob
    Community Member

@MikeT sorry for the delay, I sent you the logs. I hope it helps to find out why it's only me who can't get 1Password to remember the window size :|

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@miniskulljob: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: YIY-91654-628

This discussion has been closed.