Can't install in Mac OS Sierra

stimpy
stimpy
Community Member

I've downloaded the installer for Mac. When I open it something is happening and ends with a success message and the option to move the installer to the trash. But searching on my harddrive, in the applications folder, there's no 1Password app anywhere.

Note: my system crashed after an upgrade to Sierra. I had to do a clean install of the system an re-install all the apps.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stimpy,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble installing the 1Password app! We'll help you figure this out one way or another.

When you check the Applications folder, please make sure you're checking the one in the top level of your hard drive. If you're checking the one in your Mac username folder, you won't find it there.

If you're looking in Macintosh HD/Applications/ but don't see anything named 1Password, try using Spotlight to search for "1Password" on your Mac. It might find some related files or folders, but the one you're looking for will be a .app file named 1Password 6.app. Are you able to find that?

If you still can't find the main 1Password app, try rebooting your Mac. After it restarts, run the .pkg installer file again (you can download it again from our download site if you need to). Does it work this time?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• stimpy
    stimpy
    Community Member

I figured out what went 'wrong'. I had the backup files of my system before the crash on my harddrive. The installer apparently detected the 1Password version in the backup and did not install the app again in the system application folder. Moving the app to the application folder solved the problem..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it working by installing 1Password in the Applications folder. Sierra is a bit strict about this. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.