Chrome on Mac Constantly Asked to Verify

Ever since the latest update, every single time I open chrome I am given the browser with the numbers and the little 1password popup window with matching numbers and asked to click that they match. Some sort of browser verification. Can't this be remembered? Why do I have to do it every time? It's extremely annoying for software that I paid quite a bit of money for...

Here is a screenshot of the popup I'm talking about...

http://prntscr.com/d03xwu

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jbhardman,

It should be remembered yes. Under normal circumstances you should only see it once and only again if you were to delete and install a fresh copy of the extension. I can think of three possible scenarios that would result in it showing up on a regular basis.

1. If you have both the Mac App Store and AgileBits Store versions of 1Password and are jumping between them. Due to the troubleshooting I do I see this a lot. Each stores its own secret and so the extension is forced to constantly re-authorise when is knows the secret for the Mac App Store but then the AgileBits Store one tries to connect. This should be rare for anybody outside of AgileBits.
    2. The presence of some sort of cleaner app, one that can delete caches and cookies and other browser related objects. There are a number of ones out there that can do this sort of thing and if something was deleting the extension data it would mean the extension is forced to authorise again as it has no prior knowledge after it has been deleted.
    3. A damaged 1Password plist file. If the file that stores this data is somehow damaged and new information is not being saved it could result in 1Password not realising it's been through all of this. It's similar to 2. but for different reasons.

If none of this causes a eureka moment it might be worth sending in a diagnostic report. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it and we'll let you know what we find :smile:

• jbhardman
    jbhardman
    Community Member

I'll have to send in the report. I doubt it's any of these. I have a Mac Pro desktop and a Macbook Pro laptop and it happens consistently on both. No app store install and I doubt I have a corrupt file on both systems.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

@jbhardman: Various "security" software and other extensions can sometimes interfere with this, and it wouldn't be surprising if you had a similar setup on both Macs. If you're still having trouble, be sure to send the diagnostics and let us know the Support ID here so we can take a look at it. Cheers! :)

• jbhardman
    jbhardman
    Community Member

Now since I decided to post this it hasn't happened since. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Please do, @jbhardman! You know where to find us if the problem returns. :)

This discussion has been closed.