Brother has Parkinson's, soon not be able to type. Ideas/resources for passwords/security? Thanks!

NatashaDelCardo
NatashaDelCardo
Community Member

New macs w/Touch ID would be help, I think, but he still needs at minimum one killer password. One loooong password. Problem.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: I think iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@NatashaDelCardo: I'm sorry to leave you hanging here, but I was really hoping someone more qualified to speak on this subject might have some good advice. Perhaps others will join in.

I'll preface this by saying that I don't have any experience in this area, so weigh my suggestions based on that. But it seems to me that if I found myself with a loved one in a similar situation, they'd need to rely on someone else for assistance, and essentially trust them with their lives. So I think that could include finances, physical aid, and the responsibility for having an Emergency Kit with 1Password information, should Touch ID not be available for some reason.

We're working on Touch ID support for 1Password for Mac, but I almost think an iPad might be better — perhaps the really big one, with larger touch targets for things on screen, which could be propped up instead of being held like an iPhone.

I definitely don't have a grasp of all the challenges this brings, either to a family or a 1Password user, but I can only hope that if I'm on the other side of that one day I'll have someone as caring looking out for me. :blush:

• NatashaDelCardo
    NatashaDelCardo
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your suggestions and your kindness, Brenty. Much appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome. I'm sorry I don't have better insight to offer you, but we can leave this discussion open for others who might have suggestions. Take care, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have other questions. :blush:

• agilelover
    agilelover
    Community Member

Check out apples accessibility options. There may be help there. There may also be pointing devices that can be used for the disabled.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's a great suggestion! I wish I had thought of that. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.