Extension overrides "Restore Tabs" message in Chrome

Options
beiju
beiju
Community Member

I understand and don't mind the change to 1Password Mini-to-extension communication that requires us to confirm the code. However, when chrome starts up after quitting unexpectedly, the tab 1Password opens causes Chrome's "Do you want to restore tabs" message and button to disappear. It may not be possible to detect that but if you can it would be good to wait until the user dismisses it one way or the other. (Although I discovered that if this does happen you can get the tabs back anyway in History->Recently Closed.)

1Password Version: 6.3.4 MAS
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.0
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Extension overrides "Restore Tabs" message in Chrome

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @beiju,

I'm sorry for the delay in our response. Thanks for reaching out to us about this! I'm sure we can help to figure this out one way or another.

I'm not sure why you're seeing that tab every time you open Chrome after it crashes. Have you been able to click the 'Authorize' button in the pop-up message from 1Password? You should only need to authorize it once and shouldn't see that tab open again unless you uninstall/reinstall the 1Password extension.

Last week, we released an update for 1Password (version 6.3.5) which addresses a few issues related to the new browser extension authorization feature. Can you please install the update to see if that helps? (If you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, just launch the Mac App Store and check the Updates tab.) You should also quit Chrome, then reopen it after 1Password 6.3.5 has been installed. If you still have trouble after the update, try rebooting your Mac to see if that helps. Please let us know how it all goes! :)

• beiju
    beiju
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I didn't mean to imply that this happens every time Chrome crashes. It just happened that when 1Password did this once, right after the update, Chrome had crashed the previous time I used it. I figured this might be rare enough that you hadn't seen it while testing and didn't know that it seemed to make you lose the ability to restore open tabs (even though, as I mentioned, it turns out they're still available in the History menu).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, thank you for clarifying that, @beiju! I'm glad it's not an ongoing problem for you. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know about it, and I suspect you're right that this didn't happen during testing. Fortunately it sounds like a bit of an edge case, but I can let our developers know about this in case they're able to do something to improve it.

Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. If you run into other problems or need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.