Over 1P and need someone to talk to!

Options

Im just a bit over 1P right now. It will not authorise Chrome, it will not SYNCH between devices and will NOT auto-fill. In the begining it was great but with each update it has just wasted more and more of my time. I have so many issues Im posting in Lounge because not one topic forum is enough. Maybe someone can get back to me. Nothing worse than paying for a time-saving app that sometimes eats up MORE time than my day job. Im a stay at home mom with only a couple of precious hours a day to try and figure out wth is going wrong and IM OVER IT. Can someone at 1P please get in touch with me.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michelleseatonwitte: I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with 1Password! Fortunately, you've come to the right place, and I'll be happy to help! :)

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific sites, or on a particular device? Be sure to let me know the URL! Often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work. If you're having trouble with sync, be sure to let me know which method you're using so we can get that sorted out for you too. Thanks in advance! :)

• michelleseatonwitte
    Options

Thank you SO MUCH for coming to rescue me. My entire 3 hours worktime is just about up and then my son will come home from Kindy.

In the last couple of hours I discovered a couple of things. I only had a license, not an account. I now have an account.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of the App 6.3.5 (which I already had) on my Mac OSX10.11.6 because Chrome refused to recognise it. Seems to have worked.
    By some miracle I was able to link that new account with my phone with no real idea of how I did it. So after randomly checking a few passwords, it seems as though these devices are synched after weeks of being in a non-stop chasing my tail changing and rechanging passwords depending on what device I was on.
    I am now in the process of synching with icloud but I have the spinning wheel of death going on and I imagine it shouldn`t take as long as it is so something is going wrong. It is also synching my Primary Account when I actually wanted it to synch my personal account.
    While waiting for the synch with icloud I thought I would tidy up the hell-hole that is my 1password account list. Im trying to:
    1. Get everything to Go and Fill but nothing does.
    2. Work out the difference between Logins and Passwords and how to move them between folders.

The wheel of death is still spinning over on my icloud account...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michelleseatonwitte: That's great to hear! Frankly, it sounds like you came to your own rescue so far, but I'm happy to provide moral support and answer your questions. :chuffed:

It sounds like you may be seeing the spinning on the iCloud site in the web browser after logging in. Is that correct? If so, that's normal. For some reason the iCloud website does that after you authenticate. But if it was successful, you should have seen a message from 1Password telling you so. And if you open 1Password Preferences > Sync, you should see iCloud enabled there.

However, one important thing to keep in mind is that the Primary vault is not connected to your 1Password Account. The 1Password.com subscription service uses the 1Password Account to make it much easier to setup 1Password on each device: there's no sync configuration, and you just login to access your data — no iCloud required. So if you'd prefer that, it may be best to move the data in your Primary vault into your 1Password Account's Personal vault:

Migrate to a 1Password Account

Regarding Go & Fill, can you tell me what happens when you click a URL in 1Password? Does the page open? Do your login credentials fill, but not submit the form? Are you seeing the 1Password "keyhole" icon in Chrome's toolbar? Let me know. We'll get this sorted out for you! :)

• michelleseatonwitte
    michelleseatonwitte
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I don't understand this sentence " ...there's no sync configuration, and you just login to access your data — no iCloud required. " What then is the point of the account? Just to sync and add devices? I did the migration already. ..When I was setting up my account I transferred the primary account to a personal account then deleted the contents of the Primary account because according to my misinformation, that is what I thought the video told me to do. From my understanding that isn`t actually what I should have done. I still don't understand what the 1P Account is for.

I can see the Keyhole icon. OK now that I have tried it again, some things fill from here and some don't. It must have been related to the Chrome problem in general that I had before. Some web pages are not opening at all...like Apple :/ I might also have been getting it confused with the 1P mini at the very top of the screen. Now I am not sure what 1P minis is actually for...and it is a little bit disturbing that it doesn't lock as quickly as I would like it to. I have tried to rectify this but can`t.

Still confused over the use of the Account and how to get the vaults right. Son is now with the electronic baby sitter :/

I appreciate this help because it has been driving me mad for weeks...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michelleseatonwitte: Sorry if I confused things for you there! I'll try to make it clearer with an example.

Previously with 1Password you'd have a vault on your computer, and it would just stay there (not go to other devices) unless you used a 3rd party service to sync it. This requires some configuration on each device, as you were trying to do with iCloud.

Now, with the 1Password.com subscription service, you have a 1Password Account which stores all of your encrypted data. So on each device, you just login and all of your data shows up there. Each device logged into your 1Password Account can access all of your data without having to setup anything else.

So it sounds like you've done most of the work already. Just to confirm, you have all of your data in the Personal vault now? Did you remove the Primary vault after you move the data?

1Password mini is the little icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen. This runs in the background so that the 1Password extension in your browser can be used.

If you'd like 1Password to lock more frequently, you can change your settings in 1Password Preferences > Security.

As for logging in to websites, you mentioned Apple but not the URL where you're having trouble, the steps you're taking, or what's happening. Off the top of my head, though, I'll use the Apple ID login page as an example. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form that will help it work better there. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage
    8. Press ⌘ ⌥ \ (Command Option Blackslash) to bring up 1Password mini
    9. Type to search for the login you saved
    10. Click it or press Return to have 1Password Go & Fill
    11. Submit the form manually by clicking or pressing Return if you have Autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.