To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

licensing

Options
MHG
MHG
Community Member

Dear 1password,

In April 2016 I purchased a 1password license on my iMac through the Applestore (order id: MK42N6Q7BY, cost app. 100 USD). I am very satisfied with your product, everything runs smoothly and the user interface is simple and intuitive.

My question is regarding my log-in details. I assume that since I bought your product through the Apple store, I received a license log-in which is stored on my iMac. I unfortunately do not have an associated email, nor an account key for my profile which would allow me to log-in via the 1password website. I am wondering if it is possible to retrieve log-in details for my account somehow? In case I decide to scrap my iMac it would be preferable to be able to continue using my 1password account.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Martin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:licensing

Comments

• Hello @MHG! Actually, purchases of 1Password through the Mac App Store do not have a traditional license key or details like that associated with them and are instead tied directly to your Apple ID. What this means is that on any Macs you own or use on a regular basis, you just need to launch the Mac App Store, sign-in with your Apple ID and you’ll be able to find and re-download 1Password through the Purchases tab. In other words, your 1Password for Mac purchase is effectively licensed through your Apple ID.

Your logins themselves will need to be setup to sync via either a 1Password Account, iCloud, Dropbox or WLAN, so they can be received on other Macs and devices you’d like to use 1Password on. :)

• MHG
    MHG
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response Sean.

Does this mean that in case I do not own a Mac sometime in the future, but say only use my iPad or iPhone I will not be able to sync data between my devices? I recently got a new iPad and downloaded the 1password app, but was unable to log-in with my Apple-id. I had to sync with my Mac in order to access my 1password data. In case I no longer had my Mac I would not have been able to gain access to my 1password account on my new iPad, is that correctly understood?

Br, MHG

• The purchase of 1Password form the Mac App Store applies specifically to the Mac, it shouldn’t hinder or affect your usage of 1Password on your iPad and iPhone in any way which are available as a free downtown with an In-App Purchase of some Pro features when not using a 1Password Account. I’d suggest taking a moment and ensuring you have iCloud sync enabled in 1Password on each of your devices, this will help to make sure you have a copy of your logins available to you if you ever need them.

Set up the apps and import your data

Do you currently have access to your 1Password logins on your iPad at this time?

This discussion has been closed.