why is there a red dot over the browser icon

Options

There is often red dot over the icon in the browser extension. What does that mean? When i save a new login in the extension browser or change a password, the newly saved information is not being saved or at least is not being shown any longer under the Unassigned file in 1Password. Can you tell me what is happening with this. Thank You.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why is there a red dot over the browser icon

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chuck_rife: It sounds like you may be using a very old version of the browser extension, but you left this information out of your post. Can you confirm the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using? Be sure you do not remove the extension if there is data there that you want, or it will be lost. Let me know what you find!

• chuck_rife
    chuck_rife
    Community Member
    Options

I guess this is my versiion 4.6.0.592 . Othewise, where to i find my latest upgrade?

Chuck

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

@chuck_rife: Thanks for letting me know. Please follow these steps to get your data out of the browser extension and then update to the current version:

Part 1: Export the data

1. Open the 1Password Data Export page in the browser which has the 1Password 3 extension installed with the data you want to export: https://agilebits.com/extension/test/export_data
    2. Enter your Master Password.
    3. Select "Export non-synced items"
    4. Click Export.

Part 2: Copy and paste the data

1. Click inside the text area.
    2. Choose Edit > Select All.
    3. Choose Edit > Copy. Only copy the data in the box, not the text above. If you copy the text above the box you won’t be able to import it.
    4. Open Notepad, located in the Start Menu.
    5. Choose Edit > Paste.
    6. Choose File > Save.
    7. Name the file extension.1pif and save it on your desktop to make it easy to locate.

Part 3: Import the 1PIF file into 1Password

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose File > Import.
    3. Click Other, then select the extension.1pif file from your desktop.

Part 4: Delete the unencrypted data

Once you have migrated the data into 1Password, you’ll want to make sure to delete extension.1pif since it contains your sensitive data in an unencrypted format.

1. On the Desktop, drag extension.1pif from your desktop to the Recycle Bin.
    2. Right-click and Empty Recycle Bin.

Part 5: Get up to date

1. Remove the old extension
    2. Install the 1Password 4 app
    3. Install the 1Password 4 extension

Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• chuck_rife
    chuck_rife
    Community Member
    Options

There is nothing in the file. Is it possible for you to take over my computer and doing the above steps for me? I dont feel very confident doing this. I am afraid of loosing all my info.

• chuck_rife
    chuck_rife
    Community Member
    Options

I will be available thursday morning to work with you if you are available.

• Hi @chuck_rife,

We can understand that you're afraid to lose your data. We're sorry that you're in this position and we want to help you get everything working correctly again.

To do this, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• chuck_rife
    chuck_rife
    Community Member
    Options

i just sent the report to the above email address and received back that the message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. There was a server error. what do i do?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

@chuck_rife: Sorry for the trouble! Off the top of my head, there are two possibilities: something wen wrong with your email provider (we're definitely still receiving emails), or the address was wrong and therefore undeliverable.

Looking at Alex's message above, I wonder if you copied and pasted the email address and the trailing punctuation — the period at the end of the sentence. Make sure you use the exact address:

support+forum@agilebits.com

support@agilebits.com will also work if for some reason the + is causing trouble. I haven't heard of that happening though. Let me know if this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.