I have lost all my folders, all of a sudden their gone?

Options
mark_medeiros
mark_medeiros
Community Member

Hello, not sure when this happened might have been after upload of Sierra on my iMac. I had 5/6 folders full of info that I now need and there are just empty folders?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I lost my folders

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @mark_medeiros

I'm very sorry to hear that you can't find some of your 1Password data! Can you please give us some more details about your set up? Which version of 1Password and OS are you using exactly? Can you still see any of your data that was not saved in a folder? How many vaults did you use to have? Are you syncing 1Password with any other devices?

I hope to hear back from you with these new details so we can help you get all your data back in place!

• mark_medeiros
    mark_medeiros
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,
    Yes, sorry about not including more information. I'm using 1 Password 6, macOS 10.12 and have a family license using one vault. I am not syncing with my other computer.
    I see 5 empty folders in the sidebar. To be honest I'm not sure when they lost data, but it might be when I updated to Sierra thats the 10.12 early last week.
    Hope this helps.
    Mark

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mark_medeiros

Thank you for giving us some extra details about this. Right now it would be best to look inside 1Password and see what's going on there. For that we need a Diagnostics Report.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• mark_medeiros
    mark_medeiros
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,

Here is the number: For your reference, your support ID is [#XGP-22994-645]

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mark_medeiros

We have received your Diagnostics Report, someone will take a look at it and be in touch with you over email. We'll continue the conversation over there :chuffed:

ref: XGP-22994-645

• lioness1955
    lioness1955
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to Sierra, and now see nothing but the logins. I don't see the sidebar at all. I really need access to secure notes and credit card and other info.
    I am running 1Password 4. On one computer.
    I have two vaults.
    Don't backup to the cloud, only locally, and after finding that I never use it on my iPhone, I deleted it from my phone.

Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello again, @lioness1955. :)

I've replied to your other comment, over here, suggesting:

Now that you're running Sierra your best bet would probably be to start with updating to 1Password 6 and see if it makes any difference. There's no charge for that update if you already have a license for 1Password 4 or purchased it from the Mac App Store.

We'd like you to give 1Password 6 a try, and if you still having any trouble after that please email us a diagnostics report using instructions that Pilar posted above. That'll show us addition details about the state of 1Password on your Mac so we're able to help you get it working properly more quickly. Thanks in advance!

• lioness1955
    lioness1955
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't upgraded because when I did for a client, they lost the ability to have logins to different vaults from the menu bar (multiple housemates and part-time workers using one computer, who should have limited access to passwords - and NO they are not interested in different Mac OS users, since these are non-techie users and everybody is using the same documents and applications and browser bookmarks, and multiple people use the same computer in real time, so logging in and out as a Mac user is not realistic).
    If that capacity is available in version 6, I will upgrade, otherwise not. We had to downgrade once.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lioness1955: 1Password is still a single-user app, so if you'd prefer unlocking individual vaults separately you can continue using version 5.

This discussion has been closed.