Recreating a Demo Vault option

Options

Should there be an option to recreate a Demo vault in the 1Password Web App? I need to recreate a separate demo vault which, years earlier was included in the Primary vault.

Comments

• Hi @wkleem! At the moment the demo vault is only available outside an account. I'd be happy to let the team know you're looking for it. Why do you need it in a team account?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob,

I just want something to check though in order to be sure I've removed all sample duplicates from my existing primary account.

Also when working from iOS, adding a vault from 1Password Web App is simpler than adding secondary vaults in 1Password Windows which I didn't master! :blush:

1Password for iOS has or had its own demo but I am uncertain if the vault can be synchronised to 1Password Web App? I haven't looked at the iOS demo vault lately.

• @wkleem Oh, well that's certainly an interesting case. If you do want something to reference, enable vaults outside of 1Password accounts from 1Password for Mac's advanced preferences, then you can create a Demo vault there. This can't be synced with an account because it's a different vault type than used in an account. You're welcome to move the contents to your account though. I've done that for the screenshots I take to help people out on the forum. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

@Jacob,

I tried the sample cleanup from memory. I think I missed some (or more) login items, out of a combined 440 items including duplicates from the primary vault.

• Well, you can create a Demo vault as I mentioned if you'd like to look through things. The usernames in Demo vaults are always something to do with Wendy Appleseed, so you can search for that as well.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Jacob.

I have noticed Wendy Appleseed before. I will relook into the vault.

• Sounds good :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi

I remembered that the Demo vault differs with each 1Password version. Unfortunately I don't have earlier versions installed anymore to make a comparison. Will I have to assume that Agilebits cannot help wrt earlier versions?

I may have an old backup of a Tiger (X.4) PPC hard disk somewhere to look into.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem

I'm not sure which 1Password version you need to check the Demo vault, but you can download any version of 1Password starting by 1Password 4.0.1 here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4.

Please be careful when you install the older versions to make sure your data is safe. I'd recommend you to make a backup before trying anything :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Pilar,

I will experiment on the Demo Vaults.

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.