To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trying to Deactivate an Old Account and Set Up a New Account

First, it's outrageous that this company will not provide live tech support through a toll-free number.

Okay, you want me to do this in writing so I'll do it in writing. I opened up a 1Password account a few years ago. I had problems with it. How do I close it down? When problems surfaced, I used a different email address and started a new 1Password account with a new master account number and a new master password. Every time I log on to the app it asks me for my password. I enter the new password for the new account. It vibrates and says wrong password. I enter the password for the old account and it opens. I don't want the information stored in the old account! I want to start fresh with a new vault, a new email address, a new master password, and a completely new account. How do I fix it so when I enter my new master password it accepts it and gives me a nice, clean, unused starting page with no information in it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• larryaticloud
    larryaticloud
    Community Member

I should have added to my previous post: I'm using Mac Sierra.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @larryaticloud

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. We're a small company and we are much better set up to help you via email or the forums, we'll get your problem sorted out in no time :chuffed:

You only need to start over fresh in your computer and you'll be all set. You can find detailed instructions on how to do that here: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

When you open 1Password after following these instructions you'll be prompted to add your account and you'll be able to have everything there.

Please let us know how this goes for you, if you have any other questions or if we can help you with anything else :chuffed:

• larryaticloud
    larryaticloud
    Community Member

When I went to 1password/Help/Troubleshooting, the "Start Over" link was grayed out -- I couldn't click on it. So now what?

• larryaticloud
    larryaticloud
    Community Member

Look. This is incredibly frustrating to me. I want AgileBits to wipe me off the records entirely. I want to start over completely, using a different email address, a different master password, different saved information, etc. I just want to start completely over. HOW DO I DO THAT? And why can't someone just simply call me or chat with me live so I don't have to write everything out? Your company is incredibly user-unfriendly.

• @larryaticloud Sorry for the confusion. 1Password needs to be locked for you to start over. Click the lock icon in the top right, then the Start Over button will be clickable.

As Pilar mentioned, we're a small company and while we'd love to help folks out quickly, we get a lot of requests and respond in the order they're received. Once 1Password is locked and you have started over, you should be all set. Please let us know if you have some questions along the way though.

This discussion has been closed.