Feature suggestion: Encrypt emails with public pgp key

Options
ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hi their,

I just wanted to suggest a new feature. It would be nice if all outgoing mails from 1Password for teams/families/individuals would be encrypted by a public PGP key that is added to a user account by the user if the user want to. This would make it impossible for an hacker to read the message from 1Password if the email account of a user gets hacked.

Thanks for the time to think about this feature :)
Timo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ntimo! That's an interesting suggestion. 1Password accounts are built so this isn't necessary, though. We don't send any of your account details via email because it is an unencrypted medium by default. The info that is sent doesn't need to be encrypted because it usually requires your Account Key and Master Password to access (a link to activate a member, for example). When it doesn't, the most personal info is the first 8 characters of your Account Key, which are an identifier to help us diagnose issues with it, and give you an idea of whether you're using the correct one.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jacob,
    thank you for your view on the topic, But even the emails don't contain this important information and secret information. I would still like to request this feature. Because it strengthen security even if the mails are not that important in a security kind of sense ;) But I can fully understanding the reasons for not implementing this.

Have a nice day,
    Timo

• I see what you mean from a thorough perspective. We'll keep this in mind. :)

This discussion has been closed.