Why does 1Password keep asking me if I want to establish a log-in ID when it already exists

Options

Often when I use 1Password to log into a site, I get a pop-up screen from 1Password asking if I want to create an entry for this site in 1Password. But it already exists and I used 1Password to do the log-in, so 1Password ought to "know" that it already exists. I suspect this may occur because the name I gave to the Log-in ID when I created it doesn't match exactly the name that 1Password wants to assign when it offers to create a new Log-in ID. For instance it happened today on the Verizon site. When I set up the Verizon Log-in ID in 1Password I called it Verizon Wireless. After I used 1Password to log in today, the pop-up message from 1Password was offering to create a log-in ID called Verizonwireless (all as one word with no space). So 1Password worked fine and assisted with logging into the site as it should, but doesn't seem to recognize that the ID already exists and wants to create another version. Why does 1Password not recognize that a log-in ID is already established when it was just used to help with a log-in on that site?

Version 6.3.5 (635001)
Mac

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lukevan: If 1Password is locked, it cannot see if you already have those login credentials saved. And even then if you're using a login form which differs in a significant way (such as URL), 1Password will see this as a different site.

If you're still having trouble, can you give me the OS, browser, and extension versions you're using, and give me the URLs where you're having this issue? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.