Sites with 3 login pages

Options

Hi all. Some websites, particularly banks and card services, have the standard 2 page login, but have now added a third page where they request (for example) 2 out of 5 letters of a security question I've set up. The request is random - one time it might ask for letter 1 and 5, the next time 3 and 4 etc. My question is: can 1Password recognise the security request? And if not, how can I stop 1Password from trying to update my existing login after filling in this page? Any help gratefully received! Cheers

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-30
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LoveThisApp: As you've guessed, it's impossible for 1Password to make sense of things when a site is asking for specific bits and pieces of login information, rather than a full username and password. Frankly, it's hard enough for me to deal with! :lol:

But I can offer a couple suggestions which can help: Save your "security" information in your login item — either as a custom field, or in Notes — and then you can anchor the window and use it as a reference when logging in. If you set the field type to "password", you can use the Large Type feature:

Additionally, you can always prevent 1Password from offering to save these fragments (or exclude autosave completely) for individual sites in 1Password Preferences > Logins > Autosave. I hope this helps! :)

• LoveThisApp
    LoveThisApp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty. That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Just another reason to hate banks!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I wish I had better news for you. We'll keep working on ways to make 1Password smarter, and hopefully companies will listen to customer feedback over time and make things better of time too...and we can meet somewhere in the middle. I can dream, can't I? :lol:

This discussion has been closed.