New Feature Request: Network Switch and Network Printer

cjaxsn
cjaxsn
Community Member

The 1Password IOS and Windows app has the ability to add a wireless router and database. Can you please add the ability to add a network switch and a network printer. I would like to have icons to represent a network switch and network printer.

Thank you.

Corey

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cjaxsn: Thanks for getting in touch! We can certainly consider adding additional categories in the future, but generally it seems like everyone wants something a little bit different, so it's impossible to please everyone. However, I think you'll find that you can get some excellent results with just a little customization: if you create login items for these, you can not only fill them in a browser if needed, you can also add an icon of your choosing. Just edit the details and click the "Icon" space to select an image. I hope this helps! :)

• You can also essentially create your own custom templates using Secure Notes with Custom Fields:

AgileBits Blog | Secure all the things in Secure Notes

:)

Ben

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

There is an additional trick I learned from @jxpx777. On some platforms (and vaults) you can custom icons to items. For example, you can use a TimeMachine icon for some items, as you see for one of my backup disks.

This discussion has been closed.