Server item, being able to search deeper

Options

Hello

We started to use team and although the search tool in the 1password for mac I'm using is generally very good, it don't seem to work well for server items. For example, I'd like to be able to search by IP or notes.

Best,
Raphael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey Raphael,

When searching in 1Password for Mac you can choose to search either "Major Fields" like title and such, or choose to search "All Fields".

Normally what I do is search for the item using Major Fields to return the most relevant results, but if nothing is found then I click the "Expand Search to All Fields" button which then searches deeper.

For example... I added a Server item with the term wowzers (don't ask me why I chose that word, I have no idea) in a Note within that item.

Searching for wowzers using Major Field search I get no results:

When expanding the search to All Fields it then finds the Server item that I was looking for.

I hope that helps!

• Raphael Leroux
    Raphael Leroux
    Community Member
    Options

Oops! I didn't know this. Thanks!

• Jacob
    Options

@Raphael Leroux On behalf of Jeff, you're welcome. :) Let us know if you have any other questions.

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member
    Options

Please tell us what the MAJOR FIELDS are that are indexed. PLEASE!

• @buckZor In 1Password for Mac, major fields are the title, username, and the first website field in the item. You can expand these as Jeff mentioned. In the web interface, search covers the title and username. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.