To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Not accepting master password

veejayvarma
veejayvarma
Community Member

I am not able to access the app in iPhone 6 Plus. It does not accept the password. Since yesterday evening everything was fine and it was accepting also. Suddenly it stopped accepted and just shows dismiss.
I tried through safari browser also, there also it does not accept. I guess my password has been hacked or the app is totally useless.
I stored all my important passwords in that and am not able to access any of the other sites and apps due to the same.
I emailed at the support also, but one nonsense and rubbish robot replies always. There is no reply from the technical team or a proper concern.
I don't suggest this app to anyone.
Thanks,
Vijay

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@veejayvarma: We try to reply to messages in the order in which they are received, so unfortunately that does mean that we'll respond to those who contacted us before you first. I'm sorry for the wait. I don't, however, see anything in our inbox from this address, so be sure to post the Support ID you received here so we can follow up.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

Regarding your Master Password though, (un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either that or your Account Key. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Account Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted, so we can't recover either of these for you. Do you have your Emergency Kit? Are you able to login to 1Password.com? keep in mind that if you have a Primary local vault setup in 1Password, that will be the Master Password you need to use, not the one you chose for your 1Password Account. Please try the steps in this guide, as it may help you regain access:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find!

• veejayvarma
    veejayvarma
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

@brenty I have emailed at support@1password.com on 5th November itself when I started facing problem from the ID [email address removed by moderator] . I received ur communication from Max Siegel also but on 7th November after long 2 days. On the top u mention here that u don't see anything from my side in inbox.
    Yes I have emergency kit n password to noted down safely. Also after three attempts it shows hints which also suggest the same password which I had noted.
    I downloaded 1Password from App Store n m using it only on my mobile n tried it from safari on iPhone itself. I m not using it on any other device.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@veejayvarma: Indeed. I removed the email address from your post since this is a public forum. However, we have not received messages from that address, so you must have used a different one. This is the same one you registered for your forum account, which I'd checked under before replying previously. I don't have any way of finding your message otherwise unless you post the Support ID you received, as I suggested previously, so I could search for it. I'm glad to hear that Max was able to get back to you though. Without being able to find your message, I'm not able to benefit from the context there. And similarly he won't know of this discussion here unless you'd included a link. That certainly isn't very efficient, so it would be best to keep the conversation to only one of the two.

Getting back to the issue you contacted us about in the first place, did you try any of the things I suggested earlier? It sounds like you're using an iPhone, but you didn't mention anything else about your setup. Which iOS, 1Password, and device versions do you have?

I'm still not sure, but it sounds like you may not be trying to login to your 1Password Account, but rather trying to unlock the app with existing 1Password data. If this is the case, there are a few things to keep in mind:

• There is no password hint for a 1Password Account. So that leads me to believe you'd previously setup a local vault in 1Password on your device. This will be whichever Master Password you chose at that time, not the Master Password you setup for your 1Password Account. You'll use the same Master Password for that vault which you always did to unlock it before, not the new one, until you get rid of it.
    • If that's the case, you probably don't have data saved in your 1Password Account yet. We're you syncing 1Password with iCloud or Dropbox previously?
    • Given all of that, the Emergency Kit for your 1Password Account will not be relevant yet. be sure to keep it, but that Master Password will not help you unlock any other local vaults or accounts you may have.

I'm sorry that this hasn't been fast or easy for you, but we're not giving up. If you'll post the Support ID here, I'll be able to track down your email conversation so we can get on the same page and get you taken care of. Thanks in advance!

• veejayvarma
    veejayvarma
    Community Member

@brenty my support ID is support ID [#YZJ-68181-655]

• veejayvarma
    veejayvarma
    Community Member

@brenty I m using
    iPhone 6 Plus version iOS 10.1
    How to find 1Password version I don't know but I downloaded the app on week ago only
    I don't understand the difference between vault n 1Password account. But whatever it is vault of account it does show the hint n on entering the password it shows decrypting the data n then wrong password.
    No I have not done syncing earlier
    I m retc much confused and don't understand how to use the app it account as u say. But I did save some important passwords in that app I downloaded n was finding it v useful until had access to it.
    Pl help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@veejayvarma: Great! Thanks for getting back to me! I'll reply via email shortly. We'll get this sorted out. :)

ref: YZJ-68181-655

• veejayvarma
    veejayvarma
    Community Member

@brenty
    Hi Brenty,

I just could access my app as well as from website. It was my mistake in writing the password. I apologise if I would have used anything wrong in my language. But it would have been due to frustration of not being able to access my passwords.

I salute your app n recommend that all should have it fir the best safety.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@veejayvarma: No need to apologize! I have no doubt I'd be frustrated too under the circumstances. I am incredibly relieved to hear that you were able to use your Master Password to access your data. Please be sure to let us know if I can help with anything else — for example, migrating your data to the 1Password Account, or setting up sync without one. We're here for you! :)

• veejayvarma
    veejayvarma
    Community Member

@brenty for sure. I m trying to understand the app once I start using it more will let u know in case of any doubt it confusion.
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! You're welcome! Just reach out if you have any questions at all. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.