I'd like to configure 1Password to not prompt me to save data for a specific website. Help

Options

I need to enter data into a web form for work. Each time I do I am prompted to save the data because 1Password thinks I am creating a new login (I am guessing). I'd like to configure 1Password to never prompt me again for this URL. Can I do this? How?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:stop prompting to save a password

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @freyman

Thank you for taking some time to get in touch with us! You can get this sorted out if you go to 1Password, unlock it (if locked), and pick Preferences. Then go to Browsers. There you'll see the option "Autosave" that is most likely enabled, as well as a text box next to it. You can add the the URL that you need ignored there :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with!

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member
    Options

@Pilar

Thanks for the quick response. I was not aware of this feature.

The Autosave description in the Preferences pane states the exclusion is for a domain and not a URL. Do you know if you can exclude a specific site without impacting an entire domain?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @freyman,

Sadly no, the entries are compared solely against the domain and so it isn't possible to exclude based on the full URL at the moment. It's an interesting request, not one I remember coming across before but something we will keep in mind if it seems there is interest. I'm wondering if you are somewhat unlucky in having an unusual site that would make a more precise match useful.

Out of curiosity, does this web form contain a password field? I would expect it to before we should offer to save. I would also be interested in learning whether you typically click a button to submit the form or press enter and if it's clicking a button what the title of the button is.

This discussion has been closed.