Can't use Touch ID to unlock

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Not accepting master password.

Comments

• cda1000
    cda1000
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I'm also having issues getting into my app on my iPhone6s plus device. I have always used my fingerprint for entry into the app but for some reason, this function is not available to be able to login to the app. It only asks for my master password, which I am pretty sure is correct, but it doesn't accept it. I thought I had my master written down somewhere, but I'm unable to find it to verify. Is there a way to re-enable the fingerprint access so I can get into the app? I have many of my important logins stored in the vault, but if I'm unable to unlock the vault, how can I retrieve them? Does this mean that my vault has been hacked and now someone else has my info?? Please help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cda1000: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Your Master Password is always required to decrypt your data, so it is required periodically depending on these settings (or changes to iOS and Touch ID).

For your privacy and security, your Master Password is known only by you. No information about your Master Password is ever sent to us. We cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. There is also no "back door" to access your data without the Master Password. Nor do we have any information about your Master Password we could use to help you find it. If there were, that would be a security hole that could be exploited to gain access to your secure information. This way, no one, neither hackers nor AgileBits, can read your secure data. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.