1Password 6.5 Problems

Options

I just upgraded to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet version 6.5 from the Mac App store on Nov. 10, 2016. Now when I try to use 1Password to launch any of my saved logins it does not work correctly. It appears that it is not auto filling in the User Name field, but it is inserting information into the Password field, but I cannot read what it is inserting. This behavior happens from both the main program and from the mini program launched from inside Safari. I am using Safari 10.0.1 in Mac OS Sierra. I have tried deleting the extension in Safari and I have reinstalled it. The authorization code process worked just fine, but I still cannot log in to any of my saved sites automatically as the User Name field is not being utilized by the program. Please help. I've never encountered a problem like this before. Usually, all your updates work flawlessly. Until this is fixed I have to copy my password to the clipboard and then enter the User Name field manually then paste in the password. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @td3k,

I'm sorry you're having trouble filling username fields after the update! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

Is this happening with all of your Login items? Or do some of your Logins still fill the username correctly?

You said this problem happens from the main 1Password app as well as 1Password mini / browser extension. When you use the browser extension, do you open the website/sign-in page first and then choose the Login from the extension? Or do you select the Login item from the extension first, in order to both open the website and fill the sign-in form?

As a test, please choose a couple Logins you use frequently which aren't working correctly, and save brand new Login items for them by following the steps here: How to save a Login manually in your browser

Do the new Login items work correctly, or do they have the same problem as the original Login items?

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.