Extension connection issues [caused by VPN]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password doesn't work on MacOS Sierra.

Comments

• swovem
    swovem
    Community Member
    Options

Since I upgrade my iMac to Sierra 1password will not open when I click on the icon in Chrome (worked before I upgraded). I have followed the forum advice and reloaded my computer (total shutdown, then started again.) No change. I then drug 1password to the trash and emptied the trash. I then download the version 6 from your site, installed it, no change. I removed the extension from chrome and reinstalled the extension (from the chrome store for extensions). No change still does not work. The extension is not the beta but 4.6.1.90. I have "allow incognito" and "allow access to URL's" checked. Have also tried it with them unchecked. No error message, when I click on it nothing happens. Thanks.

• swovem
    swovem
    Community Member
    Options

Sort of solved the problem. I download the Beta version of 1password, but still did not work. I then quit my vyprVPN program and tried again. The verification code came up, I verified the number and things seem to be working again. I restarted vyprVPN and 1 password still works. I will continue to use the beta unless problems arise. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@swovem: Thanks so much for taking the time to share this. I hope you don't mind, but I've split this off into it's own discussion since it's a separate browser connection issue.

It's interesting that VyprVPN seemed to be interfering (blocking? redirecting?) 1Password's local communications so it couldn't connect. But since you mentioned it works still after turning it back on, I suspect it was just a temporary glitch. I use 3 different VPNs from time to time and haven't encountered anything like that, but it may help someone else who runs into a similar issue. Thanks again!

• swovem
    swovem
    Community Member
    Options

Well I was wrong about it starting to work again. This is only the Chrome extension for 1Password. I can still open 1Password from my application folder, but if I try clicking on the icon in Chrome nothing happens. I have the latest version of Chrome 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit). I tried to install the extension in Safari but after I entered my master password it just says connecting, when it got to 2200 I gave up. Every time I try and logon using the extension the same thing happens. But I would rather use Chrome anyway. So if you have any suggestions I would appreciate them. Thanks

• swovem
    swovem
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled the Beta version of 1Password extension and installed 4.6.2. Did the same with Safari and both work with 1Password so far. I will post if anything changes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! I'm glad to hear that the new stable release helped. Be sure to let us know if you run into any further issues.

This discussion has been closed.