Can't open new app on phone. wants acct key and team. I have a license. Nowhere to put it in

Miami680000
Miami680000
Community Member

I have a license for 1pw. I'm trying to load on android and it keeps asking for acct key and team info. Don't have that. No place to put in license # so I'm dead in the water. spent 2 hrs so far on this. I'm using it on pc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't open new app on phone. wants acct key and team. I have a license. Nowhere to put it in

Comments

• Hi @Miami680000! The screen asking to enter the sign-in address, account key, email and master password are for 1Password accounts. I am very sorry for the confusion.

We recently introduced services called 1Password Families, 1Password Teams, and individual 1Password accounts. All of these services are based on the same core technology and enhances the 1Password experience. It simplifies many of the maintenance involved. You no longer need to worry about having to manage syncing data between devices or having to backup your data periodically. All of this is done for you as your data is kept on our servers securely.

One of the advantages of using this service is that it simplifies licensing as well. Being an active member gives you full versions of 1Password on all available platforms. You no longer need to worry about licenses, in-app purchases or upgrade fees because this gives you access to the most current version of 1Password. If you are interested in learning more, check out our website.

If you prefer to continue without a 1Password account, you still have the traditional sync options available to you. Just tap on Use without an Account on the setup screen on Android and you should see those options available. If you are unsure how to continue from this screen, please let us know and we will help you advance through the setup!

• Miami680000
    Miami680000
    Community Member

I am totally confused. If I haven't been using 1password, what have I been using? I thought that is what I paid for. At any rate, your website talks and shows benefits but does a poor job of telling me how to set it up. Yes, I would like some help setting it up on my pc and then on my phone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Miami680000: What Saad is saying is that It sounds like you've been using the standalone 1Password app rather than a 1Password Account. And, as he mentioned, using a 1Password Account for the subscription service means that you have access to all of the apps and don't have to manage licenses or configure sync. You can follow this guide to sign up and transfer your data on your computer:

Migrate to a 1Password Account

Then, just login to your new 1Password Account on your Android phone to access your data there as well. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Miami680000
    Miami680000
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

There is some type of disconnect here and it is probably me. I have paid for my 1password license/account and have been using it for several months. My key is {removed}. I do not want a family plan and I do not want a team plan. I simply want to access my vault from my smartphone. Please take me through the steps or better yet call me @ {removed}. I'm sure this is a simple process but I am totally used up and I have a lot of time invested in this.

• Miami680000
    Miami680000
    Community Member

No response on this. First of all can you please tell me what kind of an account I have (see above). With this , hopefully, I can move on with my android phone install. I would like to put this whole process behind me.

• saad
    edited November 2016

@Miami680000 I removed your personal information from your post above as this is a public forum and we wouldn’t want it going into the wrong hands. I am very sorry we are confusing 1Password accounts with licenses. We would be happy to discuss this in more detail privately, since it may involve personal information. Could you please send us an email at support+android@agilebits.com with a link to this forum posts?

We will continue from there. Thank you. :)

This discussion has been closed.