Forum search limitation and workaround

Dave Creek
Dave Creek
Community Member
The 4-character minimum on searching drives me crazy. For instance, if I want to search for "error 47" , I can't do it? Is there a workaround? If not, could you please remove that limitation?

Comments

• bswins
    edited July 2011
    Hi Dave,

It drives us crazy too, but it is a limitation in the IP.Board software that we use to host this Forum.

We've tried other solutions, but this one has been the best that we've found so far. I know it has some irritating limitations, but others have been more frustrating.

To be honest, when I want to search the forums for something with less than 4 letters...like the "who would ever search for" Safari 5.1, I use Google.

Save a search that starts with the following: site:forum.agile.ws

You can follow that with any combinations of words/numbers you want.

I hope that helps with your search frustrations. It's saved me a couple of nervous breakdowns! :)

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    Brandt,

Thanks much for the explanation AND the workaround.

DAVE
  • Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply. It was my pleasure!

Trust me, you aren't alone! It drives up the wall too.

Hope the workaround gets you the answers you are looking for.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    edited July 2011
    Brandt, I thought I understood, but I didn't.

Exactly what would the Google search string be for finding info on error 47?
  • bswins
    edited July 2011
    Dave Creek wrote:

Brandt, I thought I understood, but I didn't.

Exactly what would the Google search string be for finding info on error 47?

Dave,

You did understand. I just made a typo in the link!

Some shortcut...huh? :)

This time, I won't use any cute "Link Naming" tools:

http://www.google.co...w=1350&bih=1304

Click that link and when on the Google site, save as a bookmark. Then if you want to search, open the bookmark and add words next to those already in the search box.

Hope I got it right this time! Sorry about that!

Cheers!

Brandt

P.S. If that link is broken too, just open Google, type site:forum.agile.ws in the search box and hit enter. When the results come up, bookmark that page. It is the same process.

Perhaps Google adds my Google account stats to my browser results and that could be the reason for the error? Google track us? No way! ;)
  • Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    Hi Brandt,

Got it! Thank you.

snow onto error 47 which I couldn't find referencer to at the forums. BUt I'll post a new topic for it.

Dave
  • bswins
    edited July 2011
    Dave,

You may wish to start your search here: Error 47

Sounds like a URL error vs. a 1Password error.

If I find anything else, I'll reply back.

Cheers!

Brandt

Try this one too: Apple Support Community Error 47 Search Results

If you're still having trouble, perhaps posting the URL here may help. I'll take a look at it for you.
  • Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    edited July 2011
    Brandt,

I see from the Apple forum that error 47 means "file busy".

I get this message when I am trying to eject a (I have only 1) Knox vault. I'm neither backing up the vault nor have any documents in the vault open.

Suggestions?

Dave
  • sparker
    sparker
    Community Member
    I'd love to see a fix to this limitation. For example, I tried searching for "low security" but wasn't allowed to. I didn't want to search for "high security", I want to know about the "low" setting. Granted, the information "might" be in the same docs, but this artificial limitation imposed by some programmer is just silly and should be removed.

Just my $0.02 (thankfully that's 5 characters, so it's allowed...) :D (even if this smiley icon isn't... )

Steve
  • bswins
    edited July 2011
    Dave Creek wrote:

Brandt,

I see from the Apple forum that error 47 means "file busy".

I get this message when I am trying to eject a (I have only 1) Knox vault. I'm neither backing up the vault nor have any documents in the vault open.

Suggestions?

Dave

Ahhhhh! I know what is going on now...I think. :)

There is a known issue with Knox and Lion that occurs when you attempt to close the vault (i.e. "eject" the vault). Usually, you will receive a "vault in use" notification even though you're not accessing the vault. There is a Knox Forum thread discussing the issue: Knox & Lion

I do not have anything report regarding the timing of a fix for the issue, but as you will read in the thread, we know one piece of the puzzle.

I'm sorry that I do not have a better answer for you at this time, but I will forward your error 47 messages to our developers.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    Thanks for the help, Brandt. I'll go that thread.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.