Iphone 7 app : master password is declined

Options
Davidbellaiche
Davidbellaiche
Community Member

Hi,

I recently bought the Mac App and set up an 1password account. After that I dowloaded the iPhone app and sync my 1password into it.
Until there, all good, I saw all my data was there and was very happy. After I quit the app impossible to go back in it. My password is declined. I've tried to retype the password many times to make sure I wasn't any typing mistakes but still don't work. I tried to delete the app, re-install and re-sync but same, not working. Then I tried to modify my Master password from the Mac software and try the new password into the iPhone App but same not working.
I have spent a lot of time and feel I tried absolutely everything and nothing is working.
Tried to find a contact in the support but didn't find anything, this forum is my only hope !

Hope someone will help me solve this issue.

Thanks a lot

David

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi David!

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Are you using a 1Password.com subscription account, or a standalone vault? If you're using a standalone vault what are you using to sync the data from the Mac over to the iPhone?

Also just to be clear everything works as expected on the Mac, right?

Lastly could you please let me know which versions of 1Password you have on each the Mac and the iPhone?
    You can find information about how to find out here:

How to keep 1Password up to date

Thanks!

Ben

• Davidbellaiche
    Davidbellaiche
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have on my account 1 standalone vault and a 1password subscription account.

This is working perfectly on my mac, and the masterpassword is working, on my iPhone the password don't.

I have latest version on my mac and on my iPhone.

Hope this help !

Thanks

David

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2016
    Options

David,

1Password will unlock with the Master Password for the Primary vault on the iPhone (the standalone vault), not the Master Password for your 1Password.com account in that case.

Ben

• Davidbellaiche
    Davidbellaiche
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Understood ! The issue if the Primary Vault, I have created it about 2 years ago (i don't know why it came automatically back) I have no idea of the password ! I ve tried to delete the primary vault from the Mac software but it required password that I don't have.

Do you any suggestion to help ?

Thanks

David

• Ben
    Options

David,

Uninstalling the iOS app will remove all 1Password data from that device (including the Primary vault). You can then reinstall and sign into your 1Password.com account to get that data back (sans the Primary vault).

As for removing it from the Mac application... open 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and uncheck the option to allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password.com.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.