I had an earlier version of 1passwod and the icon is gone , can I restore it?

Options
kathy_evans
kathy_evans
Community Member

I had an older version of the 1password app . For a while I had two app icons on my iPad - the older one (with the key) and the newer one. Recently the older version icon went away... Along with my data. Some of it is in the newer version... But not all of it. How can I get back the older app so I can access the information in it. I have created and tried to use my key to access my account. This did not help. There's no information in there. I never found "view item history "
Thank you for your help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I had an earlier version of 1passwod and the icon is gone , can I restore it?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kathy_evans

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty.

If you do a Spotlight search on your iPad for 1Password does that bring up the older app? It is possible that you accidentally moved the old 1Password app into a folder, and that is why you don't see it, but it is still on the device.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If so please launch it and migrate your data to the new version:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If it does not, it sounds like the old version has somehow been removed from your device. Data for iOS apps is stored within the app itself, such that removing the app also removes the data within it. If that is what happened here the only way to recover your data from the old app would be to restore a backup.

Please let me know what you find.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.