iCloud backup

Options
musicmag
musicmag
Community Member

I have bought a new iPhone but 1Password is not working as expected. I have restored my iPhone from iCloud backup and now when I open 1Password there are no favourites and no categories. But if I go to Setting/Vaults/Primary: Sync Service is iCloud and items are 72. I'm an Apple employee and public beta tester so I'm on iOS 10.2 (14C5069c).
Thank you in advance

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MattWinchester
    MattWinchester
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. After I restored my old iPhone, i tried to sync it to iCloud, but no passwords or credit numbers came out. It's the first time. Is it safe any more?

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password does not sync to iCloud unless explicitly configured to do so. Were you syncing to iCloud from within 1Password prior to restoring your phone? If so I'd expect iCloud to have the data. If not, then it would not.

Sync your 1Password data

Did either of you have backups of your 1Password data, by chance? We've found the built-in iOS backup system is not particularly good about backing up / restoring 1Password data, and so we've built our own backup system into 1Password:

1Password backups

Failing that, it may seem strange, but I'd recommend trying to restore your iOS backup twice. We've found in a number of cases that restoring a first time restores the app, but not the data. A second restoration does sometimes restore the data.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.