Wrong item count shown on iPhone

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: More items in a folder than indicated..

Comments

• DCIFRTHS
    DCIFRTHS
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

From what you've told us, it sounds like you're no longer having a problem with the item count for folders in 1Password on your Mac because it started working correctly when you re-dragged the items into those folders. ...

@Drew_AG Okay. I synced the other day, and I am having problems with item counts - or should I say; hopefully it's just the counts that are off. At first blush, all of the errors appear to be on the iPhone, but I have to look at each item in all categories and folders to see what is going on before I commit to that statement. At a minimum, the "All Items" count is different on the phone and computer. I'll either post back here in a day or two to let you know what is going on or start a new thread. Right now I have to check for any potential data loss.

Both the phone, and the Mac, are on the latest version of 1Password.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DCIFRTHS,

This sounds like a different problem with the item count than the one from your previous discussion, and since it sounds like a problem with 1Password on your iPhone, I've moved your message to a new thread in our iOS forum. I hope you don't mind!

At a minimum, the "All Items" count is different on the phone and computer.

If the problem is that the item count for 'All Items' (or one of the item categories) is lower on the iPhone than on your Mac, and assuming new items (or changes to existing items) are actually syncing correctly otherwise, this is likely due to a known issue with the item count showing the wrong number in 1Password for iOS. All the items should be there, but the problem is that the item count doesn’t refresh itself when it should.

In that case, you should be able to force the item count to refresh by force-quitting the 1Password app on your iPhone and opening it again (double-click the Home button on your iPhone and swipe up on the 1Password app to force quit it). Alternately, if you have multiple vaults in 1Password for iOS, you can make the item count refresh by switching to a different vault, then back to the first one again (to switch vaults, tap the vault icon in the upper left corner of the Categories section, then select a vault from the list). If you try one (or both) of those workarounds, does that correct the item count number?

ref: OPI-884

• DCIFRTHS
    DCIFRTHS
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

@Drew_AG

Okay. I am officially confused and frustrated...

1) To address the fixes you mentioned in your post. I had tried - many times - force quitting 1Password on the phone, and it didn't help fix the issue I mentioned above.

2) I don't have multiple vaults.

This is what has happened since I last posted: I added an entry on my iPhone while my computer was sleeping. I have iPassword setup for wi-fi syncing with my Mac. This evening, I opened the app on my phone, while the computer was running. The iPhone app displayed a message stating that I needed to unlock 1Password on my Computer to continue syncing. So far, no problems.

I opened 1Password, on the Mac, and checked to see what was out-of-whack.

The new entry synched properly, and the total item count on the phone and computer now match. Additionally, the CATEGORY item counts now match too. Why????

Moving onto the folder counts... The folder count on the iPhone is higher than the count on the computer, BUT the phone has the correct count while the computer is wrong. The computer is showing a lower item count than actually exists. Only one folder on the computer has the correct count, and that folder has only one item in it on both devices.

How do I proceed from here to get things working properly? Of course my main concern is that I have no data loss. It took me a long time to MANUALLY build this database, entry-by- entry, after switching from SplashID.

Thanks,
    Anthony

• Ben
    Options

Hi Anthony,

I apologize for the continued difficulty. We do have an open bug report with our development team regarding inaccurate item counts. I'd say so long as when you make a change on one device it appears on the other then the devices are in sync regardless of what the item count reports. Hopefully our dev team can get the item counts to properly reflect the correct number of items in a future update.

How do I proceed from here to get things working properly? Of course my main concern is that I have no data loss. It took me a long time to MANUALLY build this database, entry-by- entry, after switching from SplashID.

Of course, yes. I'd recommend taking a look at our backup guide:

1Password backups

Ben

This discussion has been closed.