Automatic filling in Google Chrom doesn't work

Scorpion
Scorpion
Community Member

Hi,
i can't find an additional keyboard in my Chrome browser when I press the Space bar longer.
Before I have activated the keyboard in the filling register on my Samsung Galaxy within the 1Password App. Afterwards I have activated the automatic fill in in the app too.

But no 1Password keyboard after pressing Spacebar longer. What could be the problem ?

Thx.
Chris

1Password Version: 6.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Scorpion. If you're not using the default Google keyboard, and you're using another keyboard, then long pressing on the space bar might not work for switching between keyboards. Instead, you should see a little keyboard icon appear either in the notification bar or in the bottom right hand corner of the screen when the keyboard is active. Tap that, and you should be able to bring up your keyboard options and switch that way. Then you can just long press on the space bar from the 1Password keyboard to switch back.

Let me know how that goes! Thanks!

• Scorpion
    Scorpion
    Community Member

Hi,
    it's not the problem that i can't switch the keyboard within the browser. As a result of long press the space bar i could switch between the german & the english keyboard. But i've no possibility to change it to the 1password keyboard. Neither as you describe with a little icon. I can't see this icon.
    What should i do ?

BR
    Chris

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

@Scorpion just to confirm, you don't see the keyboard icon here?

Also just to double check, is the 1Password keyboard listed in Settings > Language & input > Keyboard and input methods?

• Scorpion
    Scorpion
    Community Member

Hi,
    as you describe I checked it in the settings and yes there is a 1Password keyboard listed. ( see Screenshot)

But when a open any website with the mobile chrome browser there is no additional icon on the right side below on my keyboard if i want enter a username or password.
    With holding the space bar longer I can switch between the german & the also installed UK (english) keyboard. But there is no 1Password keyboard listed.

Pls. support me.

Thx.
    Chris

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

@Scorpion would you mind posting a screenshot of your screen with keyboard open just like I did for mine in my earlier post? I would like to see what symbols, if any, are displayed below your keyboard.

Also, what make and model of phone do you have?

• @Scorpion On a Samsung device, the keyboard icon will appear at the top of the screen in the notification bar. Just swipe down from your notification bar when the keyboard is active, and you'll see the Language & Input option. Do you see it there?

• Scorpion
    Scorpion
    Community Member

Hi,

now it is all clear. Thx for your support, it works fine.

BR
    Chris

• Glad to hear that! Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.