Team member can't seem to edit Secure Notes

Options

Having a weird issue that might be due to not understanding 1Password's permissions well enough.

We're using 1Password for Teams, and have a shared vault that's mostly Secure Notes. We've shared this vault with one member with only the following permissions: "Read", "Write", "Write - Create new", "Write - Move to trash".

For reference, here are all the permissions that are available for us to grant: https://quaintproject.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/1password-for-teams-permissions.png?w=184&h=300

The team member is successfully able to read + create new notes, but can't edit them once they're created. He's using the 1Password team web application only, to my knowledge.

How can I allow him to edit the Secure Notes that he's already created?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @clay_to_n! Thanks for posting about this. I'm sorry for the confusion about permissions here. To edit items, members also need the "Reveal passwords" permission since editing an item will allow them to edit and therefore see the password. Add this and they should be able to edit items. Hope that helps! :)

• clay_to_n
    clay_to_n
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt help! That makes sense, we'll add the Reveal Passwords permission.

• No problem. :) We're here if you have some other questions.

This discussion has been closed.