Records from all vaults EXCEPT the Personal vault appear scrambled

Options
covkid66
covkid66
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

This is occurring regularly now. When I open 1Password 6 for Windows beta, only the records in my Personal vault are readable. Records from every other vault appear completely jumbled / unrecognizable. If I uninstall 1Password and reinstall, it works fine...until I reboot and try again.

If I click on the settings icon, under Accounts & Vaults, I only see my Personal vault...despite seeing all 900+ records in the 'All items' category (I only have 179 in my Personal vault). I noticed today that eventually the Accounts & Vaults did populate after about 5-10 minutes. However, when I select any vault other than the Personal vault, all of the records appear as garbage.

So I'm typing this thread, and I see 1Password on my other monitor flicker. I look back, and now everything is unscrambled! and now as I switch tot the different vaults, the records are all readable / distinguishable. I just closed and exited 1Password, re-opened it, and now I'm seeing jumbled record text again I click on the All Vaults, and only Personal is there. I click Personal and they are all visible...as has been the case. I go back to All Vaults, and I see 917 records, but most are jumbled...those presumably in the vaults other than Personal. I click on Options | Vaults & Accounts, and only Personal is there again. I wait a few minutes, click again, and other vaults...not all...are appearing.

If the data was coming in from the 1Password cloud every time I might think I have a very slow connection, and this is a performance issue. However, why would all of the data eventually be descrambled, but then scramble again when I exit the app and re-open?

1Password Version: 6.1.296
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise (6.1 build 7601 SP1)
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Hi @covkid66,

Thanks for writing in about this.

That is absolutely not normal at all. We do have a known issue where the app might show the encrypted content for a few seconds after the initial unlock but that is due to checking for new changes at the same time. However, it definitely shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes, especially since we support incremental sync, meaning the app would take a few seconds to only pull changes made since the last time it synced.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report after you reproduce this issue, so we can see what's going on.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• covkid66
    covkid66
    Community Member
    Options

Email sent this morning as requested, thank you.

• Hi @covkid66,

I don't see it yet. If you got an auto-reply from our Bitbot, it should include the support ID assigned to the email. Please let me know what ID it is and I can look for the email.

Thanks!

• covkid66
    covkid66
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID #RMC-43866-243

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@covkid66: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: RMC-43866-243

This discussion has been closed.