Downloading the extension for firefox on my mac always fails due to a connection failure.

Options
woodyt74
woodyt74
Community Member

The last update to Firefox wiped out my 1Password extension. Every time I try to install and click Allow, it starts then there is an error message that the download failed due to a connection failure. What's up?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @woodyt74,

If you haven't restarted your Mac since this error began, please give that a try and then see if you're able to successfully download and install the 1Password extension for Firefox after that. Be sure to let us know if it still fails and we'll dig deeper to find you a solution.

• woodyt74
    woodyt74
    Community Member
    Options

I have restarted my Mac a few times and just tried again. Download still fails.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @woodyt74,

Sorry that restarting your Mac didn't make any difference.

Do you have 'security' software installed that might be preventing you from downloading the extension (Avast, for example)? When there's a connection failure, either something is actively blocking the connection or there's trouble with your security or network setup. Also, which version of Firefox are you running?

You can also try downloading it by opening the 1Password Browser Extension Release Notes page in a different browser and clicking the Firefox download link for version 4.6.2.

Please let us know how that goes!

• woodyt74
    woodyt74
    Community Member
    Options

I disabled Avast temporarily and that allowed the download to work. Thanks for your help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @woodyt74. Glad to hear you figured out it was Avast interfering with downloading the extension! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.