Switch between Pro App and Family Subscription

I have previously purchased through the AppStore 1Password Pro and sync my data between iMac and Ipad/iPhone. I am very satisfied. Now I'm considering a Family subscription. My questions is what happens to my data if I finally decide to stop the Family subscription and go back to the previously purchased Pro version from the Appstore?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@verbc: Good question! You won't be locked out of your data even if your account is frozen, but the best thing to do is hang onto your existing local vault(s) so you can just go back to your current setup without missing a beat if you decide to stick with the standalone app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• verbcverbc
    edited November 2016

Thank you @brenty for your answer. However, I do not understand it completely. How can I hang onto my existing local vault(s) if I take a Family subscription? Are those two plans - parallel - systems (Family and Local)? Should I copy everything from my existing vaults to a new Family subscription? I like to hear.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@verbc: If you have a local vault right now (OPVault or AgileKeychain), simply do not delete it when you copy your data to a vault in your 1Password Account. Just follow this guide to transfer your data:

Migrate to a 1Password Account

At the end of that process, you'll remove the local vault from the app, but this does not delete your data. So again, so long as you don't delete your original vault, you can always use it again in the future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.