To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My Agilebit/1password Master Password are different across devices

Options
bhpassword
bhpassword
Community Member

I updated my Master Password on the iPhone app along with a few other passwords in my vaults. Unfortunately, the desktop app has not been updated with the new password for 2 weeks. It receives updates on new passwords that I put in the vault, but doesn't receive updates on password that I change.

I updated to the latest desktop version this AM and no change.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bhpassword: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble!

Unfortunately without some basic information that you left out of your post, it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, which sync method are you using? Which devices are using the "new" password, which are using the "old" one, and where did you change it? Thanks in advance! :)

• bhpassword
    bhpassword
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty thanks for following up.

I wanted to update my Master Password and did so from my iOS. I believe it was the previous version to my current build (below). However when I logged on via my desktop and chrome apps, my master password had not changed. Now it looks like the new passwords I've built in my chrome extention appear in the desktop app, but do not sync with the phone.

It appears as if they do not sync at all and the passwords have somehow become localized to the device. When i login using the web app, the password that works for iOS gets me into the account, but the desktop password does not.

Is this helpful?

iPhone iOS v 6.4.5 (645001)
    Chrome 4.6.2.90
    Desktop (windows) 6.1.296

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bhpassword: Yes! Thanks for getting back to me! If you're using the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app, it cannot currently sync Master Password changes in either direction. It sounds like you changed your Master Password in 1Password for iOS. Please do the following on your PC:

1. Go to 1Password.com and verify that you're able to login to your account using the "new" Master Password
    2. Open 1Password for Windows and press Ctrl O
    3. Enter your current 1Password Account credentials

1Password for Windows should now be able to connect and sync your data again. Depending on your setup, you may want to change the Master Password for unlocking the app itself as well. In that case just press Ctrl T and go to Security > Change Master Password.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.