Sync with iCloud and something else

Options
SouthLondon
SouthLondon
Community Member

This is probably an obvious question, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I have 1Password, and it does a good job of syncing between my Mac and my iPhone with iCloud. I have the standalone version, rather than a version with an account.

However, I have just got a new work phone, which has a different Apple ID, so I can't use iCloud to get my passwords. It seems you only choose one option to sync with, so I can't choose iCloud, and something like DropBox to get it on my work. Is there some sort of manual way to get this working? I don't mind doing a few manual steps to get my passwords on my work phone as well.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @SouthLondon,

This is unfortunately true, iCloud sync would only work if the same Apple ID was in use across all the Macs/iOS devices.

If you used Dropbox to sync that other phone you'd want to standardize on dropbox for your personal devices as well since mixing and matching sync mechanisms isn't really supported.

Another option for your work phone would be to make use of WLAN Sync on your mac to synchronize data locally with your work phone. You would have to have both your personal mac and your work iPhone on the same local network, but that might be a way to work around the Apple ID iCloud issue.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.