Mac license and PC subsription

Dear 1Password team,

First of all I'm very much appreciate your product. It's so easy to manage passwords. I purchased the app on Mac couple months ago and installed on my mobile devices too. Same app installed on PC. Here is a problem - an email telling me my free trial is due in days and I need to add a credit card asap. On the page it says $2.99/month and that subscription includes Mac app too. The real question is how do you count your license under this circumstance. Do I need to pay for PC subscription? Which will lead to extra payment on Mac app.

Best regards,
Cedrick

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

If you bought a couple of months ago, I think your licence will be for Mac and PC (depends on the exact date of purchase, some time previously Macs and PCs had separate licences).

You can now either buy a one-time licence or a subscription. It looks as though you set up the PC on the subscription model and have not subscribed yet.

If the email address on which you made the original purchase is the same as the one you use for the forum, someone from AgileBits will come along in due course and tell you whether your current licence covers the PC. Even if it does, there are good reasons for moving to the subscription, see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Cedrick: I don't see any license purchases under this email address, so please shoot us an email with your receipt at [email protected] and we'll see what we can do to help. :)

• @brenty Hi many thanks. I 've forwarded the receipt to you and hopefully it won't be identified as junk mail.

@danco thank you very much indeed. I didn't know that the license went separate.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Cedrick: It looks like Nathan has already replied via email and you should be all set, but be sure to let us know if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.