Is there a way to let 1PW fill in my Google+ credentials for a site?

Options

There are a number of sites that let you sign up with your Google+ login. Is there a way to tell 1PW to use my Google+ login for certain websites?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AndreasZ,

More generally, a Login item can have multiple website fields and when it comes to offering to fill 1Password will match as long as one website field has the same domain. So you could have a login item with two website fields like so

and 1Password would present this Login item when you visit either of those. Now I have limited experience using a Google account to authenticate elsewhere (I've just never been a fan of it) but I thought that whenever this happened you first had to click a link to say you wanted to authenticate using your Google account and then you would be taken to Google's proper login page. If my belief is correct at all your Google account Login item should only ever need to fill on Google's login page. It would also mean you may want to be careful about what sites you are filling using these details.

If I've misunderstood anything at all please do let me know.

• AndreasZ
    AndreasZ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Your description how Google+ login works is correct, but my problem is that if I go to a certain website and am given the options to login with Google+ or a site-specific login and password, I need to remember if I used Google+ login for that or if I created a site-specific login. I currently write 'use Google+' in the notes section of a login item in 1PW to remind me to use Google+ for this login, but that's a bit clunky. Hoped there was a better way to do this.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AndreasZ,

Okay, now I understand :smile:

So 1Password doesn't have anything baked in that will help but there is a way to try and use the existing functionality to help a bit. Here is a link to a previous conversation in our forums. Basically it's a variation on your idea where you make use the ability to not automatically submit a Login item. It lacks somewhat in elegance but hopefully it helps a little over using the notes section of a Login item which is largely passive. If something in that thread helps that's great. Sorry we don't have anything more than this right now.

• AndreasZ
    AndreasZ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,
    Yes, my question is identical to the previous conversation you linked to. The workaround you described works for me.
    Thanks
    Andreas

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! I'm glad that helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.