To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account Kay

hlmorrical
hlmorrical
Community Member

I'm trying to log on to my account online and don't remember creating an 'account key'.
Two part question, I guess. I'm logging on online in hopes to confirm that all my 1Password info is backed up somewhere. I'm having trouble with my iPhone and plan to take it in. Often they clear my whole phone and being technologically ignorant I'm always terified of losing things (and often seem to- nance my fears!). Where are all my passwords backed up and/or how can I confirm this before going in to Apple and possibly losing it all?
TIA!

Comments

• Hi @hlmorrical! I’m sorry for the confusion about an account. We recently introduced a 1Password subscription service, which has automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. Since you purchased 1Password a while back, you didn't get an account with the new service. Luckily, there are a few things we can try to get your data back.

First, did you sync things anywhere? Perhaps Dropbox or iCloud? That's the easiest way to recover your passwords. Here's how to sync back your data using one of those options:

Sync your 1Password data

If you don't find any data in those areas, did you back up your device to iTunes? You can locate and restore a backup when you used to have 1Password installed and your data should also be included: https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204184

And if none of that fits, I'm afraid you'll have to start over from scratch. Using 1Password in your browser, you can start saving your passwords again and rebuild your collection:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I'd also recommend creating a 1Password subscription account to keep things safe in the future as well. You can sign in to it from any device if you need to down the road. Create an account here: https://start.1password.com/signup

I hope that helps! If you have any questions, just let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.