quit 1P
Restart 1P
problem resolved until the next time

Comments

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I just had this happen 3x, but I can't make it happen when I want to, yet. One interesting note, one of the times, when I hit the tabcontrol to switch from categories to favorites, the button updated, but the screen didn't change, so there might be an element of a routine not achieving.

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

I just had it happen again. This time, I searched for something from the favorties tab, then switched to categories, and tried to search for something else. After two characters I had a list of candidates, but after the third character I have the category list (All Items/Logins/Secure Notes/etc.), and search doesn't do anything. Tapping "All Items" makes search work, but then tapping on the Favorites tab (which brings up the item that I opened, originally, hitting the back button, then typing into the search box causes search to fail. After that, search doesn't do anything. Switching tabs and trying search seems to work, but switching back causes search to work for one character and then fail after that (it acts as if I hit the cancel button or the "X" to empty the search box)

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

Even more fun - with the one character search, type the one character, and get a list. Wait for a second or so, and 1P shows the list for the tab, instead of the search list.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @huffalumpy

I'm planning to investigate some of the searching woes for a future update (though, probably not the next one, we'll have to see how scheduling works out). I've seen weirdness myself but no way to recreate the problem either.

If you do figure out a consistent way to recreate it I'd love to know but this is on my list to look into soon.

Sorry for the trouble though!

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I've got a recipe that works:
    1) Do a search
    2) Either select an element from the list to view it, or don't. It doesn't seem to matter.
    3) Let 1P timeout and lock
    4) Go back in to 1P
    5) If you had selected an element from the list, exit back to the list (and if not, this step is unnecessary)
    6) Full list appears instead of the sublist, and search is broken.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @huffalumpy

Looks like that does recreate it for me. I'll add this to the bug report.

This is only one of several smaller bugs around this though but hopefully I can use this to dig deeper :)

Thanks!

• Just wanted to followup here: I've got a fix in place for this bug and it will appear in the next version 6.5 beta. Thanks for all your help!

This discussion has been closed.