Is it possible to change categorie names?

We are now using Keepass to store our password, I started a trial version of 1Password and I tried to remake our KeePass structure in 1Password. But I can't make a categorie with the name I want. They have standard names like Login, Secure note, ETC. Can I change the categorie names or is that not possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @NickvI98! Thanks for trying 1Password. :) Categories are a bit different than you may be used to. In 1Password, categories are item types — they refer to the template the item has, and the types of data within that. So a Login item is one that has a username, password, and website. Password items just have a password, with an optional website field. Identities have your name and address, as well as other contact info you'd like to store in there.

If you're looking to organize your passwords by what kind of website they belong to, I'd recommend using vaults or tags. You can create new vaults in your 1Password Teams Admin Console, then share those vaults with the team and organize things in there. Learn more about creating and sharing vaults in your team. Tags can also work if you want to use a single vault or organize items within your vaults. Whether you use vaults or tags, I'd suggest names like Financial and Social Media when it comes to categorizing things. You can put any types of items in here as well.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.