Set up question on mac

Options
notsavy
notsavy
Community Member

Still trying to get 1password to work on my mac. The icon (mini??) had disappeared but after downloading a bunch of apps? pkg? that were suggested in the help forums, it's back. Not sure what specifically fixed that issue. So - I'm having a really hard time understanding this and would appreciate assistance. I have been reading that there are multiple things to download to make this program work. I have an account and I get to that from the internet. I keep reading about an app, but I don't see an icon anywhere so I'm not sure what that is all about. I have the icon on my Chrome browser and I somehow got it back on the main computer screen (next to the wireless strength icon, I think that's the mini thing). Clearly computer stuff is not my strength, so thank you for your understanding as I do not know the proper terms.
Is that all I need? Do I have to go to the internet and sign in every time I open my computer? It didn't remember my account number this time. That was kind-of a pain, it's basically another password I need to keep handy on paper. How do I keep 1password from turning off / disappearing? This program was suggested to me by an enthusiastic user and I NEED something like this in my life. Any assistance would be appreciated. Of course this is a holiday and I don't expect a response today. It's just the only day I have had time to try and figure this out again.
2012 MacBook Air
1Password-6.5.2.pkg
I don't understand the difference between the 1password version and the extension version. I can't get 1Password to show up next to the apple to see the version, as shown in the 'how to find 1Password version' link.

Appreciate any assistance -
thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: I don't understand the quesiton

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @notsavy

Thank you very much for your interest in 1Password, I'm glad to hear that you're giving it a chance :chuffed: I hope we'll get all this sorted in no time. There are only 2 things you need to install to use 1Password: the main app and the browser extension.

It sounds like you have installed the main app already. To check this, please go to Spotlight Search and type in there "1Password" if you see something like this it means that you're all set up and can just click on the option highlighted in blue

If you've added your account then you'll be able to start using 1Password and adding data right away. The next step is the browser extension if you can see the little 1Password icon by the address bar on your browser then you have it. This guide will help you learn more about how to use it: https://support.1password.com/browser-extension/

Please let us know how this goes for you and how it all feels. If you want help with anything else we're here to help you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.