iOS Keyboard

Options
lwluck
lwluck
Community Member

I have read and understand the reasons for not implementing a keyboard for iOS as it wasn't believed it would be possible to have it fill in passwords. However, I believe this is possible if you have the password saved to the clipboard when a username is selected. Here (https://github.com/lwluck/PasswordKeyboard) is a GitHub project that I created as a proof of concept. I am working on updating the ReadMe on it, but essentially you authenticate by using TouchID or typing in your password (It is hardcoded to PASSWORD since this is just a POC) and then you select a username you want. The username autofills, and the password is saved to your clipboard and can then be pasted into the password field. I believe this would be an extremely useful feature as it would enable users to use 1Password in apps that have not integrated with the extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iOS Keyboard

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lwluck!

Thanks for the suggestion, and for the proof of concept!

The advantage of the extension is that it does not use the iOS clipboard. But yes, certainly an argument could be made for the utility of such a thing. We're currently focused on developing the extension but I'd be happy to pass the suggestion along to our development team for their consideration for the future.

Ben

• lwluck
    lwluck
    Community Member
    Options

That makes sense, and I agree I would prefer not to use the clipboard, but the keyboard would allow me to use the password manager in apps that have not integrated with the extension. For these apps I already have to use the clipboard since I would have to open the 1Password app, so I wasn't viewing having to use the clipboard as a step backwards. Just a thought about a feature that I would very much enjoy!

• Ben
    Options

Yep -- understood. :) Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.