Every time I log on to my Mac, the Update the 1Password extension comes up. I am already updated.

Options
Tee51
Tee51
Community Member

I cannot get rid of this annoying notice. Please help me out if you can. A 'Update the 1Password extension' bar comes up and stays there, no matter what I do.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Every time I log on to my Mac, the Update the 1Password extension comes up. I am already updated.

Comments

• Tee51
    Tee51
    Community Member
    Options

Could you help please.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tee51: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, have you tried removing the extension completely and reinstalling it? It may be that the browser's database is damaged. Let me know. Thanks in advance! :)

• Tee51
    Tee51
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 6.5.2, Safari,. I cannot open 1Password to look for extension version. I have removed the extension and reinstalled it. Still the box shows up and won't let me open 1Password. This is very annoying and I notice that others have complained of the same problem. Everything works if I move the warning box off to the side of my window, but still I can't open 1Password to access my passwords and important notes, etc. I don't know how this all of a sudden showed up. Thanks for any help you can offer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tee51: Ah, I'm sorry of the confusion! As in the article I linked in my previous reply, you can find the version of the 1Password extension in Safari under Safari Preferences > Extensions.

Based on your description, it sounds like something may be damaged in Safari, preventing it from updating properly. Please remove the 1Password extension (after confirming the version you have installed) and install the current version from the AgileBits website:

1Password browser extensions

Safari may ask you if you want to install the Gallery version. This may be slightly out of date because of the lag in the Apple approval process, but this allows Safari to update it automatically.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.