On iPad, no login field displays.

Options
DougRoth
DougRoth
Community Member

The app on my wife's iPad stopped offering a login field. In desperation, I deleted the app then re-installed it. Then it made me re-connect to the account. The account login doesn't accept either of her two regular email addresses. Requested account info from the agilebits site, but information was not valid for login. All passwords on that device are currently lost entirely. Her iPhone has also lost all but four items in the database. Fortunately, her laptop still has everything. How do I get the account reinstalled on the iPhone and iPad? Step-by-step instructions, please.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.1.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:IOS cant login

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DougRoth,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Does your wife have a 1Password account? Or just the standalone 1Password for iOS app? An account comes with a monthly subscription. If your wife isn't paying a monthly subscription then she doesn't have an account.

If she does have an account then please see this guide:

If you can't sign in to your account on 1Password.com

Without an account data is stored only on the device you enter it on, by default. Erasing the app also erases the data within it.

We offer a number of ways to prevent this. 1Password can be synced using a few different sync methods:

Sync your 1Password data

And we also offer a backup option within 1Password:

1Password backups

Unfortunately if you deleted the app without first setting up syncing or making a backup it is likely you deleted her data.

Ben

• DougRoth
    DougRoth
    Community Member
    Options

If she has an account, it's likely paid yearly, but we're not sure. She is able to sync across devices, laptop, iphone, ipad, so that would seem to indicate she's syncing through iCloud. I'm pretty certain she doesn't use DropBox. When we sent her email to agilebits, we got a response back, but the same email doesn't work for logging in. Does that mean an account exists? We also have a very long account Key number.

• Ben
    Options

@DougRoth,

When we sent her email to agilebits, we got a response back, but the same email doesn't work for logging in. Does that mean an account exists?

Not necessarily, no. Did she get a support ID back? If so could you please post that number here?

If her account key starts with A2 or A3 could you please email us the first block of that? e.x. "A3-3ND7X8" Please do not post it here.

Thanks!

Ben

• DougRoth
    DougRoth
    Community Member
    Options

The account key does not begin with A2 or A3, so I guess we're done here. Thanks for putting your time into this. We'll look into whether paying the monthly fee is worth it to us.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that. I know it doesn't help change the past, but at least using the 1Password.com subscription service will mean that all of your data is encrypted and backed up in your account, so that an issue on a device won't result in losing everything. It isn't the sort of thing that people tend to get excited about — unless they're like me and have lost data due to inadequate backups. It isn't something I'd wish on anyone. Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if we can be of assistance. :(

This discussion has been closed.