Adding a Shared Vault in IOS

mdh98368
mdh98368
Community Member
edited November 2016 in iOS

Hello, I am trying to add a shared vault on my iPhone running IOS 10. I was able to do this successfully with my wife's phone by following instructions I found online: Go to Settings > Vaults > Add New Vault. I then essentially followed the navigation to add the shared vault keychain from my Dropbox account.

(There was one scary moment where all passwords were gone from the app. However, it would appear that the syncing process needed to start from scratch and before long, items were repopulating--I'm assuming this is expected behavior?

However, when I try to do the same for my phone, I do not get the "Add New Vault" option; I just see "Add Demo Vault." When I look in other menus such as Sync, I'm only presented with the "Primary" vault as an option, suggesting that I am only syncing my own Primary vault.

In terms of Dropbox itself, the 1PasswordAgileKeychain sits at what would be the root layer in my Dropbox folder, I suppose; the shared AgileKeychain sits in a separate folder.

Since this worked fine for my wife, I'm assuming that the folder set up in Dropbox (which was established by 1Password itself when I established the shared vault) shouldn't be the problem, but I'm stymied as to how to proceed.

Thanks for a great product!

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:add vault ios

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mdh98368: Thanks for reaching out, and for the kind words! I’m sorry for the confusion there! Multiple vaults is part of the Pro Features upgrade, which is an in-app purchase for 1Password (which is a free download). It sounds like your wife may have purchased this using her Apple ID, which would explain why it works for her. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.